(Updates are forthcoming once the community sports guidelines are reevaluated later in April)
COVID – 19 ASBS LEAGUE SAFETY PLAN
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and, in an effort to ensure we protect our athletes, coaches, umpires and community, the following safety precautions will be in effect at all ASBS games.
- PLEASE PRACTICE COMMON SENSE - IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL, PLEASE STAY HOME!!
- ASBS WILL ADHERES TO ALL CURRENT STATE & LOCAL GUIDELINES
- No spectators will be allowed near the dugouts or backstop area – this is to ensure social distancing and to encourage people not to congregate.
- Spectators will be allowed, maintaining 6’ social distancing, in the outfield areas beyond the fence/playing area. Spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs versus using bleachers
- Spectators must follow CDC guidelines for face coverings
- Coaches and players will wear face coverings unless players are actively in the field defensively or offensively (batter, base runner, etc.)
- Depending upon the size of the dugouts, the number of individuals in the dugout will vary but they must maintain 6’. Remaining players/coaches should maintain social distancing behind the dugout and down the fence line outside the field of play
- No team coolers
- No sunflower seeds on the premises
- Team huddles must maintain social distancing
- Balls will be sanitized every half inning. This will be the responsibility of the team that was most recently on defense
- No sharing of helmets
- If bats are used by multiple players, they must be sanitized by a coach prior to use by the next batter
- Base coaches will be required to maintain social distancing from baserunners and defensive players
- No home plate team celebrations should a player hit a home run
- Home plate umpire will be either behind the pitcher or deeper in the umpire box to allow for social distancing
- No post-game handshakes. Instead players will line up on their respective baseline, face/acknowledge the opposing team then their fans
- Dugouts will be sanitized by the departing team upon conclusion of the game
- A waiver is currently required for all players prior to participation in any ASBS games
- The ASBS COVID Plan is subject to change